As you can see with the photos, I used more than just chicken eggs for this recipe. I had fresh turkey and chicken eggs on hand (thanks, Yinepu!!) and figured, “Why not?” So, when I whipped this up, it was with a mix of turkey and chicken eggs. It works wonderfully with either!
- 12 eggs (any sort)
- 3 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2 tbsp Mayonaise
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Brown Mustard
- 1 tsp Dill
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Dry Mustard
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder
- Place eggs in water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 3 min and then remove and let stand – if you are doing turkey eggs, let them stand for ~20 minutes.
- Peel eggs and cut in half. Scoop out the yolks into a bowl and place the whites on a plate.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- I use a pastry bag and dump the contents of the bowl into it and then pipe it into the egg whites. Sometimes I resort to a ziploc bag with the corner cut off if I can’t track down my pastry bag. Whatever works for you!
- Garnish with a touch of paprika.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving. Or, they can be made the night before serving.
I’d say this serves four people; but, that’d be prevaricating. Honestly, my husband and I can demolish this entire recipe in one sitting. It’s a travesty how quickly they disappear.